Thursday, December 24, 2009

Whoever Invented "Plus 1" is an Asshole

One of my best friends just got engaged.

Weird.

Ok so it's still kind of processing, but whatever. She's happy, I'm happy. Regardless of the fact that this news came to me on the same day I drafted an entry entitled "I Will Be Alone. Forever."

Don't wanna talk about it.

So last night we go over to her place to start wedding planning. Don't wanna talk about that either. All is going well... color theme... flowers... dresses... champagne... and then we get to guests.

Obviously, I am invited. And guess what else? I get a PLUS ONE!!!!!! WOOHOOOO!!!!

...

I'm not sure why this hadn't crossed my mind earlier. I'm also not sure why everyone looked at me and laughed.

It wouldn't be so bad if the rest of our attending besties weren't in actual relationships, leaving me to be the awkward cougar-in-training glued to the open bar, eyes scanning the dance floor for prey.

Awesome. My best friend manages to get married and I'm seriously concerned about having a wedding date.

Dear Jesus, How did I end up here?

3 comments:

  1. Dude. Don't be selfish. Don't lie to yourself and your friends. Just subtract that plus one. It will save her one less plate to pay for at the reception. Or you're going to end up eating two meals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second tht "Dude." Why do u have to make this all abt u? And wen did we all look at u n laff. U no we weren't listening to most of wat u said tht nite- or was tht jus Ryan. Plus, maybe Troll won't hava plus one either. And please feel free to consider me one and colin an unrelated one. We'll be at tht open bar w u. On either side of you. Passed out w wedding cake in our hair.

    ps. dnt scan the crowd. nothing but regrets will follow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAA. I don't think I saw this before. Thanks for being next to me at the bar.

    ReplyDelete