Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I'm Sorry, Mom

My mom comes to visit me in New York, as I will not be coming home for Christmas. We have grand plans for Thursday night - Tuesday morning. Not having a 9-5 job comes in handy for times like these. For most people. First, I have options to work every day that she is supposed to be in NY. Not before... not after... just Thurs-Tues, obviously. I take two of them, and forego the others in lieu of maximizing mommy time. Perfect. Not ideal, but we will still have a lot of time together.

Friday night I get a call. I have a shoot in LA on Tuesday and will be flying out early afternoon on Monday.

Really? Because I'm not sure if you remember how I was just in LA for a month... ready, willing, and able to work... no? No takers?

Sigh. Sorry Mom. Way to go, Jesus, way to drag my mom down with me... just because it's almost your birthday...

No comments:

Post a Comment