Saturday, December 26, 2009

Have I Told You Lately, That I Love You

Happy Belated Birthday Jesus.

I thought about having my thumb and index finger take a trip down good ol' Rosary Bead lane in honor of your day, but I realized it's really just full of Hail Mary's and Our Father's. And this day (yesterday) isn't (wasn't) really about your parents. It's about you. So instead, I stretch my arms wide and say: Dear Jesus, I love you thiiiis much and even more. No really, I love you. A lot. Like a lot a lot.

Please be kind to me... because, speaking of trips... I am flying today.

I just looked at my itinerary. Burbank to Phoenix. Phoenix to Boston. Boston to La Guardia. Commencing at 6:45pm and touching down on the East Coast at 8:50am. Not only is that an unnecessarily roundabout and lengthy journey to NY, there also happen to be a few exclamation points in red circles on my online reservation update email. As in "Hi, you might get stuck in these airports forever because the weather sucks here" exclamation points.

improbablygonnabeacatlady attempted flights yesterday and the day before and ended up spending Christmas in a Cincinatti Airport Marriott, eating Domino's Pizza and watching Vin Diesel movies.

Please don't make me suffer a similar fate. I'm fragile. And neither Domino's nor Vin agree with my delicate constitution.

So please, dear little tiny baby Jesus, be kind.

And don't pretend you didn't notice that moment we had during Christmas Eve mass. I know it meant something to you too.

2 comments:

  1. ok asshole. I didn't mean for you to tell EVERYONE THAT I WAS WATCHING THE PACIFIER featuring Vin Diesel being a nanny. Merry f-ing xmas to you, too.

    PS I don't know if you've noticed but everything that happens to me, ends up happening to you. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite part of this blog is tht SUMONE totallie called herself out! didnt no it was The Pacifier- culda been a blow-em-up movie! I'm sending this blog to all my friends. All three of them.

    ReplyDelete