Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sorry, Teach

Do you ever think about your elementary school teachers? The teachers who knew you when you were bright-eyed and brilliant... the very picture of wide-eyed innocence and undeniable promise.



Do you ever think about contacting them today and letting them know how far you've come?

I had this thought earlier this afternoon and drafted a hypothetical letter in my mind.

Dear Mrs. H,

First of all, you were the most amazing first grade teacher. Not only did you notice that, at the tender age of 6, my legs were already too long for the child-sized classroom standard furniture; you were also astute enough to ask my mom if you should get me a regular-sized desk or if that would be embarassing. You may be able to take comfort in the fact that my life has continued to be a constant question of "Which is less embarassing?"

Also, I would just like to let you know that, no, I did not become the first female President, as you predicted I would.

You were close.

Thanks for setting the foundation for my education!!!

Xoxo
Stacie :)

Disappointing? I'm going to say no. Because sometimes it's important to say no for the sake of your self-esteem.

No comments:

Post a Comment