Friday, January 29, 2010

New Low? I'd Like to Say No.

A conversation I had via text (I know, weird) this afternoon:

Me: Hi Elizabeth! This is Stacie, one of your models for your show next week. I just wanted to let you know I got your message about the location change for the fitting, and will be just a few minutes late. See you soon!

Recipient: This isn't Elizabeth, you texted the wrong number.

Me: Oh sorry! Thanks

Recipient: No problem, good luck with the modeling gig ;)

Ok, not terrible, right? Why am I bothering to write about this? People text wrong numbers all the time.

The terrible part is what went through my subconscious after recipient's last message:

I wonder if he's hot.

(Because, yes, I had already decided in my head that the recipient was a 'he,' 25-29 years old, 6'2", broad-shouldered...) I even, for a brief moment, considered responding something along the lines of "Thanks :P." Just to see where it would go. Thank God I censored myself, but really? This is where I'm at right now? Even my subconscious is trying to set me up.

I am so pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment