Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Maybe This Is Supposed To Be A Sign


I received a call from Wells Fargo today regarding questionable charges on my Visa. Every time this has happened in the past, I have found out that my card has been stolen. (See: If You Can't Use My Visa Correctly, Don't Use It At All)

Sidenote. An hour prior to this call, my lunchtime convo with iguessironycanbecoolmaybe went something like this:
Me: Oh man, I like this. But I can’t. I really need to stop buying things.
iguessironycanbecoolmaybe: Rules were made to be broken? No. Sorry. You’re right. You can’t. You’re not buying it.
Me: Loud sigh. You’re right. I’m not buying anything
iguessironycanbecoolmaybe: Oh wow, this is so you. You want?
Me: Omg. That’s amazing. Ok when it’s this cheap, it’s doesn’t really count.

And then I went back to the office and purchased a pair of thigh-high boots from TopShop. (On sale! With a Student Advantage Card discount! And free shipping!)

Moving along. I called Wells Fargo. They needed me to verify charges. First charge. Hm. Verified. Second charge. Yup. Verified. Third charge. Wait. Where was that? Was that me? More information, please. Ohhh. Right. Yup. Verified. Fourth charge. Uhhh let me think. Oh yeah. Verified. Fifth charge. Definitely me. Verified.

“Thank you for verifying these charges. If you need further assistance, please call the customer care number on the back of your card. Goodbye.”

Oh, you’re welcome!

I get it, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment