Thursday, August 25, 2011

Life is Confusing


En route to my Sketch Writing class at Second City, I decided to grab a coconut water from the convenience store on the corner. I turned into the entrance and came to an abrupt halt in front of the door. The door was closed.

Inner monologue:
What?! It's closed?! How is it closed at 10:30 in the morning?! Ugh, I really want a coconut water dieeee. What time does it open? (Eyes search frantically for a sign posting the store hours.) Wait, it opens at 9. It's 10:30. I don't understand... Ohhhh. It is open. Thank God!

This inner monologue took me approximately 15 seconds to get through, all the while standing directly in front of the obviously non-automatic door. That must have been fun for all the people inside. If I hadn't been distracted by the 18,000 advertisements covering the glass, I might have seen those people and saved myself some crucial time slash embarrassment. (Probably not.)

Moral of the story: If the door is closed, it does not necessarily mean that the store itself is closed.

In unrelated news, please sign my petition to convert all convenience store doors to those of the automatic variety.

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment