Monday, November 30, 2009

Gone Eating

Yeah, I know... I didn't post at all over Thanksgiving weekend.

I would blame it on the turkey coma, but as a nod to my attempt at a vegan lifestyle, I really didn't eat that much turkey. (I will choose to ignore the salmon I had for dinner last night. It was either that or pasta, and we all know fish > carbs. At least for all pseudo-vegans who as children felt that a cheeseburger and a chocolate shake comprised the ideal birthday dinner. What? I had a thing for diners. Still kind of do.)

But no, I was not stuffing my face with turkey. I was stuffing my face with every other delectable item that lingered in the fridge as leftovers all weekend. You can only resist bread pudding for so long. And I don't even want to get into the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. It's never a good sign when pumpkin pie becomes your "is it healthy?!" point of comparison.

Most asked question of the weekend: Is pumpkin a fruit or a vegetable?

I'd tell you the answer, but google is one-click away. And you'll feel so much more awesome if you "research it yourself." You're welcome.

ANYWAY...

I'm up off the couch, defiantly attempting to squeeze into my size 4s, and sharing my embarrassing life stories. (And the equally embarrassing stories my friends made the mistake of sharing with me. No confidentiality contract here, my friends.)

If you are not my friend and are reading this: Thank you and I'm sorry. Thank you for earning me another $.01 from Google AdSense and I'm sorry my friends dragged you here. (I was going to say cyber-dragged, but that just sounded creepy. Like a rapist's form of cyber-sex or something.)

Thank you and I'm sorry. But most of all: You're welcome.

2 comments:

  1. I want to know if the ads posted on yer blog are supposed to be related to what yer writing about. "leg cramps and pain" "black friday deals" and "free profile layouts" mite all be google hints...for you stace.

    ...yer welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Cindy. Although I AM kind of confused as to who the ads are targeted towards - you or me?! Does Google really think that the "Flat Stomach Diet Recipe" which claims to guarantee a loss of 21 lbs. in 3 weeks would appeal to me...? Or the "Raw Vegan Chocolate Treat" with goji berries...?? I mean, reeeaaallyyyy Google?!

    God damn it. It just always knows.

    ReplyDelete