Saturday, January 15, 2011

I Don't Know, But I Feel Wretched


Not too long ago, I pulled a Gigi move and forced one of my guy friends to analyze every conversation and interaction I have had with another guy. This started because I was explaining how I was unsure if said dude was into me as anything more than a friend.

I know. Painfully stereotypical. But true. Hold on, I'm getting to the point.

So, of course, guy friend assures me that other dude is into me. In the process of this assurance, he mentions that sometimes when a nice guy thinks a girl is out of his league, he is just sort of... shy about moving things along.

Right. Excellent. I left the conversation satisfied.

Fast-forward about a week and a half.

After a few more fun, but confusingly platonic, interactions with the dude, this conversation popped into my head. Suddenly an incredibly unsettling thought made its way to the forefront of my mind: What if this guy doesn't think I'm out of his league??

No, but really. I am actually disturbed by this thought slash possible realization of the truth of the matter.

Cue this moment from Clueless (Scroll ahead to 6:03)

"Well, obviously this boy is a complete moron. You are the most beautiful girl in Beverly Hills. And to tell you the truth, I'm not sure I want you with a stupid fellow like that."

Thank you, Mel. I totally agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment