Friday, July 9, 2010

Bedhead is Hot

Since returning from New York, I have been waking up at 6am. Apparently I haven't adjusted to the time change yet.

This being the case, I decided there was no need to set an alarm for this morning. I went to bed around 12:30a and assumed I'd wake from restful slumber no later than 9am. I had a casting in LA between 10a-3p, so I planned to leave SB around noon, hopefully getting in a nice long run beforehand.

Interesting. When I pried the sleeping mask from my eyes and reached across for my blackberry, the time read 11:03am. My first thought was that my phone had switched back to Eastern time. My second thought was FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. My third thought was: "Sh*t, my earplug is stuck in my ear." (True story. It was a scary 3 minutes of gentle prying slash pulling. I didn't even know that could happen.)

My father didn't help things when he popped home after a meeting and saw me speed-eating my oatmeal in my pajamas, my bedhead slightly more pronounced than usual: "Oh yeah, you look like you'll get picked to model something." Laugh, laugh, laugh.

Thank you for that. No really, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment