Wednesday, May 12, 2010

To Be Continued...

This morning... ok, fine, afternoon... I was in the middle of my daily beauty routine, when I was hit with a startling realization. When applying moisturizer, anti-wrinkle creams, etc, I gently massage the product on my face, décolletage, and the front of my neck. That's right. The front of my neck. Just the front.

I have never been one to "Submit My Beauty Questions," Seventeen Magazine-style, but if there ever was a time, I think this is it. Because as I stood there, staring in the mirror, contemplating this new discovery within the realm of my personal habits, I wondered if this was normal.

Do most people coat just the front of their neck? This was a topic that failed to be broached in Elementary School sleepovers or on High School road trips.

More importantly, does this mean that the back of my neck will age faster than the front of my neck? Will I one day fall prey to 'back of neck droop,' simply because of an instinctual habit?

By the way, I realize this is probably better suited for my "Thought of the Day" box, but it was a really long thought.

That's all.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a scientific experiment in the making. We need more test subjects. I'll be the control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I just have to share, the word I had to enter in order to post my first comment was "ratard." That's not fair. Will keep u posted (get it?!!?) on any other further developments re: this matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA oh wow. Why is that not surprising?

    ReplyDelete