Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Thanks for the Free Day

I love going to museums in NY. It's relaxing, inexpensive, and entertaining. Museums in LA are a different story. They turn it into a huge production complete with time slots and expensive parking. Time slots?? Really?? Is this the Tim Burton exhibit at MoMA? No, that's what I thought. Get over yourself.

This being the case, although my intentions are good, I rarely end up making the trek out here on the west coast. What is my point? My point is that I really, really want to go to the Getty Villa but picking a date and time and driving out there and parking is really just way too much for me to deal with.

This brings me to Monday. improbablygonnabeacatlady tells me that she and a friend are going on Wednesday and asks if I want to join. All I would have to do is get in the car. YESSSSSSSS. I immediately accept the invitation, but am quickly forced to retract my statement upon remembering that I have a meeting with a commercial agent Wednesday afternoon. Damn it all.

BUT WAIT! Later that evening, I check to see what time my meeting is and find that the date is June 2nd. For those of you who are calendar-ically-challenged, that is not this Wednesday, but the following. YESSSSSSS! I CAN GO!!!

But wait. Tuesday morning, I receive an email from my booker. I have been requested for a casting. On Wednesday. At 1pm.

Obviously.

I would just like to add that I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on my calendar for today. Nothing. I'm totally free. ANYTHING YOU'D LIKE TO TOSS IN HERE, JESUS? No? That's what I thought. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment