Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Bucket List

Most people's bucket lists include grand adventures, emotional overtures and a couple fabulous vacations. What is inherent in each listed activity is an element of risk; specifically that of life, limb, and dignity.

I, personally, prefer my risks to be calculated. I cling desperately to life and limb (specifically, my own,)and would do the same with my dignity, RIP, if it was still in existence. I also don't really like to be uncomfortable. This well-honed survival instinct ensures that I will be walking and breathing for decades to come; unfortunately, it makes crafting a proper bucket list quite difficult. I don't want to swim with sharks if there is any possibility of being stung by a jellyfish in the process. Climb Mt. Everest? Please. What if I run out of oatmeal?

Well, as of this morning, crisis has been averted. Purpose has been restored to my amazing, yet sad, little life. My co-dependent, iprefermyironyinotherpeople, introduced me to an epic list of things I must do before I die:

http://archive.azplace.net/index.php?itemid=877&catid=8

There are two great things about this list:
1. I can do these things OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER... Practice makes perfect. Overachieving, like irony, is a lifestyle and doesn't stop just because you think your life might. I will ace this Bucket List s*it.
2. The risks involved are the easiest to calculate: The reactions of the masses. And the few select friends that I choose to honor with involvement in this meaningful journey.

iprefermyironyinotherpeople: Thank You.

Everyone else: You're Welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment