Wednesday, March 23, 2011

RIP Elizabeth Taylor


This is clearly a very sad day. Normally I would curse the rain outside my window, but not today. I understand, Jesus. Who doesn't feel like shedding some serious tears?

Growing up, there were certain actresses I looked up to and sought to emulate... most of them were dark haired and light-eyed, but they also gave breathtaking performances and had compelling life stories. And were really pretty.

In honor of Dame Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor's passing, I would like to share some of her quotes that have served as inspiration in many of my life choices:

"My mother says I didn't open my eyes for eight days when I was born but when I did, the first thing I saw was an engagement ring. I was hooked."

"Everything was handed to me - looks, fame, wealth, honour, love. I rarely had to fight for anything."

"I have a woman's body and a child's emotions."

"I could drink anyone under the table and not get drunk, my capacity was terrifying."

"I feel very adventurous. There are so many doors to be opened, and I'm not afraid to look behind them."

"If someone's dumb enough to offer me a million dollars to make a movie, I'm certainly not dumb enough to turn it down."

"When the sun comes up, I have morals again."

"Success is a great deodorant. It takes away all your past smells."

"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues."

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance."

"If you can’t laugh at yourself, you’re cooked!"

"Big girls need big diamonds."

Annndd... the now a little bit sadder quote of:
"When people say, ‘She’s got everything’, I’ve got one answer – I haven’t had tomorrow."

RIP Elizabeth Taylor

P.S. Sorry for butchering your Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf monologue in high school. That was pretty bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment