Wednesday, October 6, 2010

These Directions Are Unclear



Have you ever taken the time to read the directions on the tube in which the magical little tablets, dubbed Airborne, are packaged?

DIRECTIONS: As a dietary supplement for adults and children 12 years and older: Simply drop (1) AIRBORNE tablet in 4-6 oz. of water, let dissolve (about 1 minute) and drink. Do not shake or cover. Repeat every 3-4 hours as necessary, no more than 3 times per day.

The directions continue with talk of breastfeeding and physicians, but those are of little to no concern to me. What is of concern to me is the fact that those directions make absolutely no sense.

Repeat every 3-4 hours as necessary, no more than 3 times per day.

Ok, well the thing with Airborne is that you're supposed to begin taking it when you think you're getting sick. I'm fairly certain, that if I think I'm getting sick, "every 3-4 hours as necessary" is going to be EVERY 3 HOURS ON THE DOT. Now, if I'm doing my math correctly... 24 hours in a day... divided by 3 hours... 8. I should be taking 8 Airborne a day. Even if you discount the 8-10 hours you sleep a night, you're still dealing with about 5 opportunities for a solid vitamin overdose.

How are you supposed to choose? Should you start earlier or end later? Maybe cut out a couple in the middle?

I feel so lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment