Monday, September 27, 2010

Dear Self, That Was Unnecessary

When I am working out in the mini-gym in my parents' garage, there are only two scenarios in which I remove the headphones from my ears. Actually, I only remove them from both ears if my grandmother happens to come in to say something to me. Which happened once. And that's just because she's partially responsible for my existence on this Earth, and she's not one of my parents. Jesus, I'd take both headphones out of my ears for you too.

Excepting visits from grandparents and Jesus, the right headphone will occasionally rest on my clavicle bone for one of these two reasons:

1. If I need to check to make sure I'm in tune while I'm belting out Xtina and Kylie mid-leg extension. You're welcome, neighbors.

2. If I need to listen to a voicemail.

Apparently, when I've been working out for a bit too long, I get a little confused about self-enforced rule #2.

Today I took out my headphones to read a bbm. That was an uncomfortable moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment