Monday, July 18, 2011

The Coconut Water Cure

There is a restaurant in Santa Monica (True Food) that I frequent pretty regularly. There are three things on their menu that I order. One of these things is a beverage they call the "Hangover Rx". It is composed of coconut water, orange juice and pineapple juice. And it is delicious. And if they happen to be out of it one day, causing your day to plummet into tragedy, the man behind the bar gives you two coconut waters on the house. Hypothetically speaking.

It is a rare day when I am hungover (shocking, I know), but it is a frequent day when I am craving Coconut Water-based scrumptiousness. But what happens when I actually am hungover? I'm now immune to the only prescription they offer. Luckily, it's a very simple solution, harking back to the age-old adage involving the hair of a dog: add vodka. 100% effective.

This incident may or may not have occurred recently. (Yesterday.) When the server brought me my cocktail, he announced it as "A Very Ironic Hangover Rx". I meaannn how fitting is that?!

I am aware that the amount of joy that half-second encounter brought me is awkwardly weird, but it was a large amount. It's the simple things in life? And yes, the only reason I am choosing to share this story now is that he referred to it as ironic, and I found that very, very special.

No comments:

Post a Comment