Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Boyfriend is Mildly Protective


ithinkironyisSOfunny and I decided to go to The Den on Sunset last night to grab a couple drinks and a bite to eat. A nice mellow, casual place to hang out and chat with your friend.

Enter Jeremy.

Jeremy was our waiter. Jeremy decided to sit down at our table with us. Ok. The first time, kind of funny, we get it, you like to have fun with your customers, clever little joke you just made about the three of us dating, haha, ok please get up now and take our order.

Jeremy did not get up. Jeremy told us ALL about himself. He's an actor. He said he studied at the Beverly Hills Playhouse. I said ooh. He asked what that ooh meant. I said it was a polite, I've never heard of that and know nothing about it, but I'm not judging you ooh.

Things clearly started off well.

We finally got Jeremy to take our order and leave our table for a second. We were in the middle of a serious conversation when he sat himself down again. I was tempted to ask if someone could take that chair away. There was a very pregnant pause while ithinkironyisSOfunny and I stopped in the middle of our sentences and gave him an awkward, "you're really back again?" look. He ignored that look and jumped right into another diatribe about himself and our alleged future relationship. At this point, the chef brought out the food that was apparently sitting there, getting cold, while Jeremy made himself comfortable at our table. We sent him away to get us silverware.

He came back.

Sitting in the chair, he proceeded to ask if I'm a famous actress and if he should not be hitting on me right now. "Is that a two-part question?" He then told a lovely little tale about the time he told Jon Hamm he was a very charming man and should be an actor. Yup. That happened. Not the him telling Jon Hamm he was charming thing - that I have no idea - but he really sat there and told us that story, finding himself very charming.

Somehow we got him to leave again.

We were seriously in the middle of a minor heart-to-heart convo when Jeremy forced himself on our table once again. He invited us to their karaoke night. Then he invited me to karaoke somewhere else. With him. When he's not working. AWKWARD SILENCE, STIFLED LAUGHTER. "Your boyfriend would probably be upset." I nod. "You have a boyfriend?" I nod and say "he's mildly protective." He tries to make a joke. He fails. ithinkironyisSOfunny lets him know that he has been rudely interrupting our serious conversation.

We only had to talk to him about five more times before we were able to leave.

Oh. And he kept calling me Becky.

I'm pretty sure he just wanted someone to call him Brad.

No comments:

Post a Comment